You are here

November 12, 2019

November 19, 2019

1. CALL TO ORDER: 19:17

2. ROLL CALL: (P-Present, E-excused, A-Absent without notification)

President –
Paul Lisko
Water – Vacant
Legal – Geraldine Burnworth and Dave Stuedell
Vice President - Cindy Hines
Water Compliance – Tamara Weary
Firewise – Paul Lisko
Secretary - Geraldine Burnworth
Roads – Dave Stuedell
Architectural – Josh Toennis
Treasurer - Jeremy Oepping
Parks - Cindy Hines and Tamara Weary

GUEST: Suzanne Star

3. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: Dave Stuedell made the motion to accept the agenda. Tamara Weary seconded the motion.

MOTION: All approve.

4. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES: Tamara Weary made the motion to accept the Minutes. Jeremy Oepping seconded the motion.

MOTION: All approve.

a. President – Paul Lisko
b. Vice President – No report.
c. Secretary – No report.
d. Treasurer: Jeremy Oepping reported: November 8, 2019

1. The balance in accounts as of October 30, 2019 is as follows:
Operating Account: $113,269.19
Reserve Account: $110,187.21

2. As of October 30, we have 13 delinquent accounts totaling $5,707.43, an increase of $30.23 from September.

3. The October amount of $666.67 was transferred to Reserves during the month.
4. There was no changes in property ownership in October.

5. The legal costs to date increased $878.79:

Lawsuit Legal Costs: Unchanged at $52,673.59.

Other Legal Costs: Unchanged at $7,646.92


a. Water – Reported: October 2019

Water System Maintenance:
• General – No water delivery maintenance events to report for October 2019.
• VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED to learn and maintain our water SLP systems. Training will be provided.

Water System Misc:
• Well meter readings were sent to NMED? [Need to ask Harold about this.]
• A new home owner is under contract for 700 Los Griegos Road where the System 2 storage tanks are located. Need to discuss the easement and create an agreement with the new homeowner for access to the storage tanks. Homeowner can meet this Saturday to discuss.

Water Usage: Meters were read November 1, 2019. Mark Stanley provided the setup, read the meters, and distributed the Readings and Usage reports:
• System 1
◦ Wells Pumped 497,061 (493,925) gals, (...last month's data...)
◦ Usage = 263,429 (249,893) gals
◦ Daily Average Household Usage = 95 (99) gals
◦ Main Line Leakage Rate = 5.1 (5.8) gpm
◦ Leak Flags Identified = 11 (9)
◦ Users > 7,000 gals = 5 (7);
▪ 47,676 gals (leak flag);
▪ 13,269 gals (leak flag);
▪ 12,957 gals (NO leak flag);
▪ 10,505 gals (leak flag);
▪ 9,425 gals (leak flag);
• System 2
◦ Well Pumped 785,450 (680,340) gals, (...last month's data...)
◦ Usage = 225,197 (178,577) gals
◦ Daily Average Household Usage = 110 (96) gals
◦ Main Line Leakage Rate = 12.2 (12.0) gpm
◦ Leak Flags Identified = 7 (9)
◦ Users > 7,000 gals = 5 (6);
▪ 76,547 gals (leak flag;);
▪ 14,135 gals (leak flag);
▪ 12,361 gals (NO leak flag;);
▪ 9,927 gals (leak flag);
▪ 8,769 gals (NO leak flag);
• Summary
◦ Ten (10) users are above the 7,000 gal recommended usage threshold.

Compiled 11/19/2019 by T. Weary

Water Compliance - Tamara Weary reported: October 2019

Water System Coliform/Microbiological Reports:
• System 1 sample taken by Frank Naranjo, 10/05/2019, RT002, 241 Trilobite Road
◦ Total Coliform - Absent
◦ Total E. Coli - Absent
◦ Disinfected, Residual 0.21 mg/l
• System 2 sample taken by Frank Naranjo, 10/05/2019, RT006, 1223 Los Griegos Road
◦ Total Coliform - Absent
◦ Total E. Coli - Absent
◦ Disinfected, Residual 0.09 mg/l

Compiled 11/19/2019 by T. Weary

b. Roads – Dave Stuedell Reported: Cinders were covered and an old tarp was removed. Dave stated that we received an invoice for the plowing. He will scan and send the invoice to Jeremy. Dave and Tamara volunteered to notify Dave Roue at 6:00 A.M. to plow roads. Dave will be the back-up. Dave Roue will have a two-hour window to start the process. Dave Stuedell reported that Tug Leeder asked to buy water, but later said he did not need water after all (to be added to new business). Dave S. asked Dave R. about the washboard road issue. Dave Stuedell was told that he does not have the time to do it. Dave said that he would try to call Leeder.

c. Legal – Geraldine Burnworth Reported: Patricia Jones, the TRPOA Board Secretary has postponed her plans to meet with Mimi Stewart, the State Secretary to address and discuss SB 150 concerns of the NMHOA Act until further notice.

d. Firewise - Paul Lisko Reported: Paul read the letter which was addressed to Bootzin. There is a concern that other people on the property might get injured. Second, there needs to be appropriate safety equipment. Third, we need to mark timber and call Todd Haynes regarding thinning property for anyone who needs it. The property owner will have to get their own contractor. Bootzin will advertise timber for firewood. Paul will have Todd contact Dave Stuedell for Rigney and whoever else wants to thin their property.

e. Parks- Cindy and Tamara Reported: Nothing new as of yet. Cindy stated that the spouses will do an inspection in the next couple of weeks.

f. Architectural – Reported: The stucco house has a free standing carport and it is less than 20 feet from the road. A driveway has been built. Josh Toennis will reach out to them.
The cedar picket fence has to be in compliance. The homeowners will have to submit the form. Josh will have to take a look at the covenants and the property. He will have to send a certified letter regarding carport and property line. He will send an email first.

7. OLD BUSINESS: a) Paul stated that we need to talk to the attorney regarding the ballot initiative. Dave asked regarding the reduction for being an active member on the board membership: Whats an active member? Geraldine read the email correspondence between her and Brad Hayes regarding the issues of concern. Geraldine will reach out to Brad Hayes and have him work on the wording/language on the ballot on amended bylaws as soon as possible. b) Cinders: We are looking for another place for the cinders. Someone asked if we can give them a deadline to move the cinders? c) Lee Taylor’s letter was read by Paul it was regarding the encroachment. Paul will ask Judy or Harold for the survey. Suzanne said that she would send a copy of the survey. d) Tri Annual Audit Requirements: Jeremy will reach out to Judy. e) Waiver for contractors from HOAMCO: Jeremy will need signatures. Jeremy will double check on John’s waiver.

8. NEW BUSINESS: Bartering opportunities: a) The question was aked: Can we barter water for road service? Dave will reach out to Brad Hayes on this one. Can we sell water? The Board decided that it needs a perspective from legal. Dave will reach out to Brad Hayes. b)
Regarding access to Los Griegos water tanks: Paul will reach out to homeowner Bobby Eaton for access to require some type of agreement. Tamara works with him she will also try to reach out to him. Paul will reach out to Harold for input/feedback and to be keep him in the loop. c) Paul would like to move forward asap regarding a water operator. Paul said that he would like to focus on getting a water operator, now. Paul would like to hire John Schrandt as an engineer. Dave said he would like maps. Paul will ask Harold for maps. Someone asked if we have all the proper documentation to get John Schrandt up here? It was also stated that having the documents in hand allows us to hire an operator. The issue is requiring both an engineer and operator. Paul stated that he would like for us to all be on the same program, raising the questions of costs and grant opportunities. Paul will reach out to John. Jeremy will work on getting the HOAMCO requirements met and what we need from them. All agreed that the Board needs to vote on expenditures. The Board would like to have someone here at least twice a week, its critical.

9. ACTION ITEMS: a) The research project is a one person interview. Totally voluntary and could be used in the future. Its for academic publications. The Board would like to pass for now. If Harold wants to have the conversation it will be ok with the Board.
(Tamara will bring the Water Rights Extension Application to the next meeting.)

b) Roles and responsiblities for the Water Operator: Paul will draw it up so we can look at it. The Board agreed that the individual would be required to do the following: 1) Board meeting participation, 2) compliance and maintenance reports, 3) reports on the entire system, 4) budget report, 5) POC NM 811(possibly), 6) have access to the big picture regarding the water operations, 7) grants and funding, 8) assist homeowners with leaks (homeowners respoinsibility). c) POC -Harold is on, then off, but willing to be added. Mark Stanley is on the list as well. A form needs to be filled out by Paul. c) Cindy will put together the newsletter. Geraldine will copy and mail it out to the membership. The budget will be included.

Suzanne sent out a report on the water system via email. Paul stated that he thought it was excellent. Paul said that the engineer should be hired first. The Board would like to keep a current plat map available and share the plan with the membership on the website. Paul will wait for Jeremy regarding John’s waiver. Geraldine will reach out to Judy regarding proof of coverage concerning directors and operators insurance. Someone reminded that the tank inspections are coming up in 2020. They are recommended every 5 years. SLPPOA needs to hire a private inspector. Suzanne sent another email to John Jones and said to check our emails. Suzanne stated that the Board needs to keep in mind that the winter months can bring more problems.

10. NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 @ 19:15 hours

11. ADJOURN: Tamara motioned to adjourn. Josh seconded the motion.
Motion: All approved. The meeting adjourned at approximately 20:30


Delinquent Accounts

Submitted by: Geraldine Burnworth