You are here

January 12, 2021

January 12, 2021

1. CALL TO ORDER: @ 6:36 p.m.

2. ROLL CALL: (P - Present, E - Excused, A - Absent without notification)

President - Paul Lisko
Water Maintenance -
John Hines.Special Non -Voting.
Legal – Paul Rightley
Vice President – Keith Rigney
Water Compliance – John Hines. Special Non-Voting
Firewise - Ann Cooke
Secretary – Geraldine
Roads - Dave Stuedell
Architectural - Josh Toennis
Treasurer - Jeremy Oepping
Parks - Cindy Hines

GUEST(S): Suzanne Star by phone.

Jeremy made the motion to accept the agenda. Paul R. seconded the motion. All approved.

Paul Rightley made a motion to accept the minutes for the Regular Board Meeting of January 12, 2021. David seconded. All approved.


President – Paul Lisko reported:
• Legal Councel
◦ Paul contacted Legal Councel based on current state of the recording Section 47-16, 5C or 12 to apply records of Association needed. Recordings were an aid similar to 5c12 records meeting minutes where the Board records of the Association being recorded to the cloud. The meeting is being recorded to the cloud for a record of what transpired. Geraldine will get recording.
◦ Vacation Rental Property- December 15, 2020. The Attorney recommended Paul send out a hard copies of the updated policy. Two vacation properties listed on these: Airbnb and VRBO.
◦ Paul emailed 3 individuals each. Paul requested for Jeremy to email him if and when any three people sent VRP permit complete it and send it back. Scan and send to Paul Hovenweep and Haven renting out one room.
◦ One room rented not entire property: A short- term rental with single room does not fall under the scope of the policy. Past issues alleviated property manager. The entire house only to qualify for VRP.
• Building a new house in Los Griegos. Paul gave the OK for John F. to dump. Nobody can approve dumping of material. John F. needs dump truck permission to dump at the fire department. The call Paul received from Scott Turner, our attorney, pertains to the rental of one room versus the rental of an entire residence as a VRP. Dave Raue was doing the road. (Daniel C Anderson in Alb.)
• Plot Map: 20 ft. easement, utility easement. A 20Ft. easement for a waterline Tract A well location is in the middle of the road. A 20 Ft. easement lot. A road from Tract A. Wants to close. The closing date is at the end of February from Ron Brown. Docs from HOAMCO: tentative closing date is January 14.
• Keith: That’s not going to happen.
• Paul: Michael Franciose of Turner Law Firm. Get in touch with Scott. Keith will close the loop. Move fast and let Scott know.
• Keith: There is a lien on the property.
• Paul: Keep us posted. Do you have anything?
• Keith: Proposed move date.
• Paul: Certifications- Homeowners Act
• Geraldine fill out a certification.
• Paul: Paid good for another year. Cindy Hines has it handled. Jeremy needs formal December 2020 Financial Statements.
• Paul: Motioned by Keith and seconded by Geraldine.
• Paul: Opposing to approve the December Financial Statements? It passed.
• Some building up on Los Griegos needed to find shuttle building material. Paul spoke with Dave Raue. Nobody can get the designation resolved.
• Jemez Mountain Development LLC of S.L.P. (new member) Tom and Betty Myers.
• HOAMCO -Paul contacted them. Approved CC&Rs to be members now only $905.87 + $25.00 member fee for December sign up. Potential buyer closing on January 14. Paul had others. Paul sent the documents to Keith, Scott and Jeremy. Keith did not have time to look at it. Will review it. Jeremy has looked at the documents and will dig in a little deeper, but recommends attorney. Jeremy said he had nothing on it. Cover ourselves regarding road and well. There are possibly 3 vacant lots?
• Paul: We need to cover ourselves on what they are doing regarding road and well etc… # of vacant lots, 5 lots in U6, Tract A separate where the well is located, 2 documents to be addressed with attorney. Go with attorney.

Vice President – Keith Rigney reported:
• Legal Councel
• Concerns- Something that needs to be addressed by attorney.
◦ Transfer of Unit 6 to the new owner.Unit 6 to owner? Sent information to Scott. Waiting for Scott to write up a brief description. Next to Lot 6 there is a 20ft. water line easement.The well is nowhere near the road. Tract A: High Road. The big plans for the property are way over the guys head. Should be a little more cautious as we proceed. Ron Brown to email the closing date for January 14 at the end of February. Need to let HOAMCO know that is not going to happen. At the HOAMCO office Michael Franciose recommended Turner Law Firm. Need to let Scott know.
◦ Keith will keep us posted and looking for proposed move date.

Secretary – Paul L. reported:

• Geraldine will have to fill out certification.
• Jeremy says Cindy Hines has it handled.

Treasurer: Jeremy Oepping reported:
• The balance in accounts as of December 21, 2020.
• Operating Account $165,628.56
• Reserve Account $119,847.53
• Jeremy indicated that we need a Financial Statement formal approval.
• Keith motioned to approve Financial Statements. Geraldine seconded to approve December 2020 Financial Statements. Approval.

6. Excessive Water Use:

- Regarding Leak Rate: 1.4 million gallons reduced by John Hines water operator and getting people to be more conservative with this resource.
- John: Excessive Water Use customer 3 months in a row leak flag is based on 1 gallon an hour for 24 hours. What is the direction?
- Paul: Open the floor to get some suggestions.
- John: Shut Off Policy looking for direction.
- Jeremy: We don’t know the situation. You should politely have a conversation regarding a leak flag.
- Paul: Has it increased every month for the last 3 months? Just mention to her again regarding it being used on the assessment trying to prevent a catastrophic failure. Wait one more month then reach out to her maybe she’ll be more receptive.
- John: Could we explain to her if she has a leak? Could you have her diagnose it herself?
- John: She was pretty adamant about it because she didn’t have a leak.
- David: Have a different person call her.
- Paul: A good thought David. Harold probably knows who this person is.
- Paul: He might be the guy that might be worth having him contact her. Wait one more month. You can have Harold contact her or both of you contact her. I think we have a consensus. No comments.


Water Maintenance – John Hines

Water System Maintenance:

• John: The man had the water shutoff he’s thinking the realtor turned the water back on. John is looking into it right now. Water rates surveys and power point presentations.
• John: When I submitted well readings wells don’t have the right file numbers with the State they still need to be read and tabulated.
• John: Sent out leak letters.
• John: With five repeats of this month. New customers and others have had somethings fixed, a leak tag with no water being on will need to investigate this month. A backflow device was lost. A repair was done and is running perfectly. Taken care of.
• John: Water usage has gone up a little this month.
• John: Aspen and Los Griegos are doing well the water system has been holding up. Can you find the phone number to yours at the booster pump?

Water System Misc: - John Hines
- Water use needs Report: For System 1 and System 2:

Water Usage for December 2020: Meters were read Jan 4, 2021 by John Hines. Mark Stanley provided the setup and distributed the Readings and Usage reports:
• System 1
◦ Wells Pumped (644,875) gals, (578,103...last month's data...)
◦ Usage = 292,611(332,114) gals
◦ Daily Average Household Usage = 101.92 (125.8) gals/day
◦ Main Line Leakage Rate = 7.1 (5.7) gpm
◦ Leak Flags Identified = 10 (11)
◦ Users > 7,000 gals = 6 (6);
▪ 22,383 gals (leak flag);
▪ 16,361 gals (leak flag);
▪ 14,835 gals (no leak flag);
▪ 7,765 gals (leak flag);
▪ 7,402 gals ( no leak flag);
▪ 24,694 gals (no leak flag);
On system 1, 11 Leak Flag notifications were sent out. I heard back from five residents and they have either fixed the problem or will in the near future. Four were not notified due to address mix-up. I located one leak with the sonic device. Six are repeat leak flag s from November.

System 2
◦ Well Pumped 983,820(169,660) gals, (...last month's data...)
◦ Usage with leak = 972,611(158,789) gals
◦ Usage without leak=187,819 gals.
◦ Daily Average Household Usage with leak included = 460.5(82.7) gals
◦ Daily Average Household Usage without leak included=88.93
◦ Main Line Leakage Rate = 0.2 (0.3) gpm
◦ Leak Flags Identified = 7 (7)
◦ Users > 7,000 gals = 5 (2);
▪ 11,985 gals (NO leak flag);
▪ 11,364 gals (no leak flag;);
▪ 7,463 (leak flag)
▪ 784,792 (leak flag)
▪ 16,595 (leak flag

On System 2, 6 Leak Flag notifications were sent out in December. I heard back from 5 residents and they have either fixed the problem or will in the near future. 5 (five are repeat leak flags from November.
• Summary
◦ Five (5) users are above the 7,000 gal recommended usage threshold and all but two had leak flags.

◦ Compiled 01/07/2020 by John Hines

Compliance Report – John Hines

- Zero Coliform was detected in testing the water supply.

Roads – David Stuedell Reported: Spreadsheet on traffic sights.

• David: Feel free to let me know if we need to plow.
• Snow removal: Every meeting needs to have something in place by June 30 the deadline for new snow removal.
• Place a notice out on a list.
• Server or website.
• Screen sharing needed to be enabled and the Screen sharing was enabled. The list sever notice is to be sent out. (List Server – Cindy to show Geraldine)
• Deadline- 2 months. The deadline is the 3rd month.
• Cattle Guard to be repaired at the top of Forest Road 10 and State Highway 4.
• Highway Potholes will be having a regular maintenance schedule.
• Snow Removal- 4 inches and above if under that let David know if we need Dave Raue to plow.
• Paul: Snow Removal- We need to have something by 6/30 it is the deadline to come up for a new snow removal plan for 2021.

Legal – Paul Rightley Reported: I don’t have a lot. You have updated things on it now.
• Jeremy finally suggested that we move on.

Firewise – Paul: Ann Cooke is not here we don’t have a Firewise report now.

Ann Cooke later reported on her arrival: My apologies for being late. I just lost track of time. Burning, smoke, very productive days. All of that is good news.

Architectural –Josh Toennis reported:
• No new requests for December.
• Still looking for an architectural control committee member. Committee member can get in touch with Josh.
• Legality-
• Architectural Control Forms- includes Guidelines, Covenants, Restrictions.
• Forms can be filled out online.
• Legal input
• Josh: Structural guidelines to go along with control.
• Paul: Were you going to revise?
• Josh: Covenants and Restrictions
• Paul: Revised and Updated: What is going to be decided with legal?

Parks – Cindy Hines reported: Paul: Cindy is not here. Does John have anything to add? I guess he is not there.
• Nothing new to report.
• Cindy had nothing to report for Parks.


• David: Verizon email sent today. Top people work with the Lab and work with Verizon.Can contact the competitors to stir things hoping for progress.
• Verizon is working with the Lab.
• No real progress yet.
• Stir them up per Harold and let them know that we are contacting other companies.
• Its a safety hazard and an inconvenience not having cell service.
• There was no response from the people on the committee.
• Los Alamos Network: To Start looking up people within line of sight. They haven’t contacted me directly. Satellite.
• Paul: Thank you David its beneficial to the community.
• LANet-Started solar trailer and have not contacted anyone.
• To accomplish a microwave connection location to location.
• David: No latency or delays with other types of connections.
• LANet – D. Stuedell
• Suszanne: She asked about the missing of the annual review by-laws that have not been posted since 2015. See Section 8 of Treasurer since 2015. Annual review is not an audit. Audits are every 3 years.
• Jeremy: A full audit is due every 3 years. We’ll dig into it and have a review for next month.
• Paul: There have been quarterly reviews since 2015. Since financial statements are provied monthly and quarterly was stopped. Quarterly reviews didn’t necessarily have to be a quarter because they’re done on a monthly basis.
• There is a Section 8 audit every 3 years. Only quarterly reviews are issued, but were stopped because there was monthly reviews.
• Jeremy will look into it.
• Suzanne says to link-in.
• Exempt lots-Bootzin
• Paul R. did investigate the office of State Engineer.
• Suzanne: Any further information on that?
• Paul: Priority in dealing with Unit 6 after that we’ll focus on Bootzin’s properties for wells and roads. Settle Unit 6 first.
• N.M. 811 (email) is transitioning to a new server. Can locate through digital means.
• John: Did he receive email from the NM 911 of contact? No. John will follow-up to find out.
• Letter: Water protection for the Jemez. To Tom Swetnam? An email is the designation beneficial to raising awareness and water values? Is it positive for improving water facilities?
• Paul: Example letter support? For Village, Pueblo, Valle Caldera. SLP support?
• Dave: Question: Water quality impacted by septic tanks? For septics leaking into land hoping it doesn’t backfire on us.
• Paul: Do due diligence on checking on septic tanks.
• Dave: Is it a self contained bubbling septic system? David supports it in principle.
• Paul will check into leach fields and septic issues with an updated presentation. Tabled till?
• Suzanne: Second Question: Is Bootzin exempt from paying dues?
• Suzanne: Could property owners drill their own wells?
• Suzanne: Could developer lots that are sold put in their own wells?
• Suzanne: Road fees?
• Paul: Unit 6 is priority. Once we have that settled them Bootzin and Unit 9 with repect, wells and roads.
• Paul : Get settled with Unit 6 first.


• Paul: NM 811- are sending Paul an email. Change applies with email or API. A notification system, John.
• Paul: Did you get the news agenda item?
• John: Yes I did.
• Paul: 811 for SLP?
• John: No.
• Paul: Will you get in contact?
• John: Will do.
• Paul: Thanks.
• Paul: Re: Community meeting. Sent fact sheet.
• Paul: Improving: Does anyone have an issue with sending the letter for this initiative?
• Dave: Are we opening a door concerning septic tanks leaching into the land and water system?
• Paul: Exemptions: Regarding acequia maintenance we can table this until everyone has a chance to look over the fact sheet. I will check that out.
• David: I support self contained bubbling septic tank system @ lakes in principle.
• Paul: Table till next meeting.
• Paul: Concerns? Please send me an email within the next week. I can put together another presentation with comments.
• Paul: Re: Alternate escape route Paul, David, Jeremy and Tamara. Time to meet District Ranger at the Firehouse. Junction - Los Griegos and High Road meet-up.
• Paul: Set it up @3pm Friday 1/29/21. Meet up @ start High RoadI will suggest @ 3pm. Everybody ok with that program?
• Paul: Paperwork: A good neighbor authority doesn’t take into account a non-profit follow-up and contact Fire Marshall Chief Masterson welcoming input (SFMO). Paul will report on it next meeting.
• John: Left emails left texts.
• Paul: Left texts on the number that I sent you?
• John: Yes.
• Paul: If you would like I can bring it up to him.
• Paul: Let us know I want to see us get done. Establish a rate that will decrease peoples assessments and wants to see this board get done this year.
• Paul: Ann Cooke
• Ann Cooke: Buring has occurred, good news.
• Ann Cooke: My apologies for being late I just lost track of time.

• Alternate escape route Los Griegos: January 29 meeting at firehouse. Meet at a Los Griegos and High Road late afternoon Friday January 29 at 3:00pm at start road.
• John: Water Rates: Zoom or Power Point will contact speaker John Fredlund to get him in contact with Chief Taylor (FMO good neighbor authority: Paul can bring it up to them.)
• Let us know if you have a commitment regarding water rates. Rate to decrease annual assessment.
• Responsible for paying.
• John: Make it a priority.

11. NEXT MEETING: Tuesday February 9, 2021 @ 6:30pm

12. ADJOURN: David made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:12 p.m. Paul R. seconded the motion. All approved.


Submitted by: Geraldine Burnworth